san tan criterium
If watching the pros go for grand tour glory has revved up your competitive spirit, try a criterium. Our Criterium takes place in a Mesa business park on a closed loop about a mile long with some tight corners, and last 30 to 60 minutes. You don’t need to be a hammer or king of the shop ride—anyone with a road bike, a helmet and a USA Cycling License can enter a Category 5 criterium race. There will be lots of prizes including CASH!
2019 San Tan
Masters Men 35+ Cat 4/5, Masters Men 45+ Cat 4/5, Masters Men 50+*, Masters Men 60+, Junior Men, Junior Women, Women Cat 4/5, Masters Men 40+, Men Cat 4/5, Masters Men 30+, Kids Races, Men Cat 3/4, Women Cat 4/5, Masters Women 35+, Masters Women 50+, Men Cat 2/3, Women Pro/1/2/3, Men Pro 1/2.
Held under USA Cycling Event Permit #2018-425
Mesa, AZ, just south of Falcon Field Airport. (Near Higley & McKellips Rd)
• Register online at swsportsreg.com
• Registration closes 30 minutes prior to each race’s Start time.
• Same for both Race Day and Online!
• All racers must sign a standard USAC release form.
• A current USA Cycling license must be presented.
• License Renewals ($75) and One-Day’s ($10) will be available.
• Junior races: $11
• Juniors racing Elite races: $11
• Category 1-5, Masters: $41 first race.
$10 for each additional race.
• $10 Late fee applies after 8pm Thursday, February 8, 2018, AZ time.
Late fee applies to first race entered only
*For groups that start at the same time, each line is scored separately.
*For example: Men Cat 2/3 is scored separately from Collegiate Men’s A., but raced together.
*Yes, you read the schedule right, the Women Cat 4/5 can choose to race TWICE!
• Junior Age Groups: 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18.
• Unless noted otherwise, Master events are limited to category 1-4 racers.
• All applicable USA Cycling rules apply.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bicycle.
• Riders lapped or otherwise out of contention may be pulled.
• Event distance/times may be altered at the discretion of the promoter.
• Categories may be combined, split, or canceled at the discretion of the promoter.
• PIT area will be wheels in/wheels out, and AT YOUR OWN RISK. All wheels must be tagged with the owner’s name, and indicate if they are “team” wheels.